The enamelled ceramic tiles of the floor in the church of St. Francis in Deruta are considered among the works with the highest artistic value in the entire Renaissance production of maiolica. A part of the floor produced in 1524 by Nicola Francioli is on display at the Ceramic Museum in Deruta. The star pattern recalls the 17th century lustred end panel on the façade of the sanctuary of Madonna del Piano in Gualdo Tadino.
The profiles on the historic flooring of St. Francis in Deruta gave the idea to create a ceramic carpet to enrich and embellish an existing floor as an extra layer of covering. The tiles have an embossed pattern which recalls the star, the historic symbol of lustre in Gualdo Tadino. Each tile is fixed separately on a felt backing to give a flexible carpet, which will adapt to internal and external surfaces.