The ceremonial plate belongs to the amatory earthenware, in fashion particularly during the Renaissance. The decoration recalls one of the ceremonial plates by Angelo Micheletti in 1895, donated to the Ceramic Museum in Deruta.
These two articles reproduce the typical proportions and structure where the plate border looked as though it had been projected on to a flat surface. The embossed ceramic layer reveals the geometric construction of a historic ceremonial plate by Angelo Micheletti. The products can be used not only as placemats and coasters, but also to present and consume food.